Log in

No account? Create an account

The Stainless Steel Rat's LiveJournal

The Rat who is made of Stainless Steel

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
(no subject)
BB Piano
So we managed to leave around 9am, amazingly, to go and see Nan. We got there at 9:30am, but it transpired Nan was still being washed, so we waited in the day room with one other elderly resident. The room was really big, so Amélie loved running about. She loved it even more because there was a budgie in a cage there. We had a long chat with the head nurse until Nan was ready.

Nan was about as odd as I've ever seen her. Purportedly she hasn't eaten for 2-3 weeks, and just has these drinks fortified with vitamins etc. Nan just about recognised us, but was having various conversations with non-existent people (and kept making reference to some South Africans?!). I just humoured her. We didn't stay more than about 20-30 minutes, as there wasn't a lot we could say really. She seemed happy and comfortable though, and that's about as much as you can ask for.

So happy 100th birthday Nan.

Amélie fell asleep on the way home, and Lu and I joined her once home. Lu left for work after 1pm, and then Mum arrived around 2pm. Amélie ran us ragged until steveeeee arrived, around 4:30pm. Amélie's intelligence is growing and growing, as she led me to the front door and then pointed to the handle! Clearly she wanted to go out. In fact she was getting so restless that I got her ready for the walk early, and waited in the car park with Mum for steveeeee. I started to feel the burn early on with the walk, so knew I was tired.

I'm debating whether to get reins for Amélie. Clearly we're going to spend a lot more time with her walking outside, and on the one hand I don't want to restrict her movement, but on the other I want to keep her under control e.g. not running out onto roads. I'm not sure what the alternative to reins are, if anything.

After steveeeee left Amélie quietened down a bit, as I suspect she hit her energy limit. I had to grab something to eat, as I was so hungry. Then I cooked up some leftover Spag Bol for dinner. Lu was on bath duty tonight, after 5 or so successive nights with me. I am supremely knackered though, and will probably have to go to bed soon. I will try and hold out until 10pm though, rather than wake up in the middle of the night.