Log in

No account? Create an account

The Stainless Steel Rat's LiveJournal

The Rat who is made of Stainless Steel

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Sunday and BBQ
BB Piano
I'm still in a very grim mood about employment, but tried to make the best of the day. Inevitably this mood is only going to get worse over the next 2-3 months.

The blackout blind again failed to make any difference to Amélie's sleep pattern. In fact this morning Amélie woke up at 3:30am. This was after another protracted bedtime, in which I went at 10:30pm, and Lu an hour or so later. I had insomnia and restless legs and remember getting up during the night. Or maybe I'm confusing it with the previous night. I managed to get Amélie to sleep again after 3:30am, but she woke up at 4:30am, Lu fed her, she came into our bed, and I don't really remember what else. I know Lu took her downstairs, and then Amélie eventually had a morning nap. I'm completely failing to keep up with the sleep schedule, not helped by the fact that neither Lu or I can remember what happened. I know I went downstairs around 9:30am, after Lu kindly took most of the early shift.

After a shower I took Amélie to Sainsbury's at Watchmoor Park. I suspect that lots of folks had got there for 10am, filled their trolleys, and were queueing by the time I got to the tills around 11am. They were giving out apologies over the tannoy as the place was insanely busy with huge queues. Fortunately I only had a few odds 'n' sods for the BBQ, so went straight to the self service tills, which were half empty.

On the way back Lu called me to say that Mum, Dad, Jo, and family had already arrived. So I in turn arrived to chaos. It was a really lovely day in all fairness, although one of my nephews was a bit boisterous and insisted on pinching my cheeks really hard, repeatedly. In the afternoon we went to a local playground and played "It". I couldn't keep up with my 11-year old nephews, they're just too damn big and fast now. And I got old. After the playground they played a few minutes of Kinect, but then it was time for them to head off. Apparently my brother-in-law is selling his Celica and buying a VW custom van of some description. It sounds really interesting, so I can't wait to see it. They go camping a lot, so the idea is it will make the whole process a lot easier.

Mum and Dad stayed for an hour or so after they left and helped tidy up, but it wasn't that difficult, so they spent most of the time relaxing with a cup of tea. Amélie had already gone up for a nap, so Lu and I joined her. I surfaced an hour or so later, had leftover BBQ for dinner, and gave Amélie a bath. Amélie was really tired after the bath, and was even yawning throughout, but then had another burst of energy. She finally gave in around 15 minutes ago though, and Lu took her upstairs.

Not much in the way of plans for tomorrow. Mum is coming round in the afternoon, although I don't have to sign on, so we can just spend some time together and go for a walk perhaps. The usual walk's off with steveeeee as he is busy.

No real plans for the rest of the week either, other than job hunting.

And three photos from today...

Bowl Hat

^Amélie insists on wearing this bowl as a hat, which amuses her lots.

The Twins & Amélie

^My twin nephews had a lovely time with Amélie as well as really wanting to be with her. They proved again to be great cousins (that wear her out lots).

All The Family

^My immediate family all in one shot.

All 15 photos from the day are here on Flickr.