1. What were your favorite childhood stories?
I liked a *lot* of books, but the Moomins, perhaps. Depends what is meant by childhood, and I'm assuming sub-teenager.
2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children?
Roald Dahl (here is someone who *really* knows how to write for children), and... the Moomins! Plus probably Help! I'm a Prisoner in a Toothpaste Factory, Conrad, and the Phantom Tollbooth. This is all I can remember, I have a terrible memory.
3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything?
No, I haven't re-read them.
4. How old were you when you first learned to read?
5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you?
Can't remember, and 'grown-up' is a stupid term anyway.