Today I has been mostly working.
And wassup with this Chemical Brothers album? I had forgotten how "gansta" it was!
From the altfriday5:
1. What are all the different media you use to communicate (e.g. email, LJ, IM, phone, face-to-face, webcam, etc.)?
Well yep, I use all these. Not sure there are any others offhand other than VoIP.
2. Which is your preferred medium in general? Why?
Clearly I really enjoy LiveJournal. Although for my own personal reasons of keeping a diary, I also really enjoy communcating with my various LiveJournal friends.
I think each method has its own pros and cons, and is suited to certain styles of communication.
3. Which is your preferred medium for communicating with your friends? Your family? At work? Why?
For friends, family and colleagues, pretty much face-to-face. Any doubts can be eliminated quickly, without say emaisl going backwards and forwards.
4. Which is your preferred medium for communicating that you're angry, upset, or hurt? Why?
Again face-to-face. Body language is important, particularly in this situation.
5. Are there any media that you find difficult to use (e.g. being anxious about calling people)? Which ones, and why?
I used to be very shy about using telephones, and therefore VoIP, as well as webcams. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable still about video chat with someone I didn't know very well. I've got over the issue of using telephones mostly though.
I find IM and email a bit too much of a distraction at the moment, as I get easily distracted. So I switch them off a bit more than usual, particularly IM, so I can crack on and get some work done.
1. How much time do you spend on the Internet daily?
A tad... and it varies. During the week on a "long" day I guess it can be from 8 or 9am, then it's on and off until 7pm and perhaps longer. Some days though I'll spend at the office, and doing other things. At weekends it can vary from nothing to all day.
I do work with the Internet though of course.
2. What are your favorite 3 websites?
The two sites I spend most time on, aside from LiveJournal and the content management system for work have gotta be:
I don't spend a lot of time on it, but I think (3) Wikipedia is a fantastic site and idea that has worked so well, and is still underrated.
3. Do you eat at your computer?
Sometimes. Best to avoid eating over the keyboard though...
4. Pick one and why - Reading the news online or in a newspaper?
Online. Hyperlinks work so well for online news. It's less messy. And cheaper.
5. How many people are on your instant messenger buddy list?
I tend to delete folks I don't talk with on a regular basis, so it's only about 5 or so people that I would talk with normally. Unfortunately I don't have much time for IM at the moment, it's too distracting, and I'm easily distracted.
1. What is your nearest lake or river?
There's a river kinda in the centre of Avenida Dr. Ricardo Jafet, and it steenks!
2. Do you believe in heaven?
3. What's your lucky number?
4. Ever know anyone who appeared on a game show?
5. Charades: good times or lame?